Workshops in different genres are given throughout the year and also in seasonal intensive clusters. During the Amsterdam Summer Intensive, held each July, a great variety or workshops are offered. Pre-registration through the website is necessary and entrance to workshops is based on the CV/dance film of the dancer and the teacher’s requirements.
Important for all HJS Intensives:
- Eligibility: As always, only dancers of advanced/professional level will be admitted and admission will be based on the CV and dance film you must send with your application.. We will allow dancers from the Netherlands, and dancers from abroad who abide the rules for entering the Netherlands which are applicable for the country you travel from at the time the workshop starts.
If you need to stay in quarantine in advance of the start of the workshop, we will ask you to show your travel ticket with the date you entered the Netherlands. See the rules per country HERE
- Cancelations: Classes and the Intensives will go on, unless there is a rise in COVID-19 cases and the Dutch government decides to restrict activities such as this one. Should new restrictions come, we will refund your full fee minus 15 euros administration costs. Any travel and housing expenses are at your own cost. In case your country decides to impose a travel ban, the general Cancelation Policy is applicable. HJS cannot take responsibility for any other costs that have been made, including travel and housing. You can find the full Cancelation Policy in the General Agreements.
- Applications: For workshops a CV and dance film must be sent once when registering (not for each workshop). When you sign up it will take some time to upload your documents. please be patient until you receive the message that your registration succeeded. Don’t sign up multiple times for the same workshop. Pre-registration for Open Classes is required but no CV or dance film
The number of places in classes and workshops will be limited according to COVID-19 guidelines applicable at the time.
- In determining our COVID policy, we follow the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, which is part of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (rivm.nl/en). RIVM monitors the situation together with international partners, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Center for Disease Protection and Control (ECDC). https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- We work with a protocol and House Rules with hygienic and safety measures. Do read them carefully before you come to the studio! It is updated regularly.
If you still have questions, and you can’t find them in the FAQ sheet, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by email: email@example.com