Workshops in different genres are given throughout the year and also in seasonal intensive clusters. During the Amsterdam Summer Intensive, held each July, a great variety or workshops are offered. Pre-registration through the website is necessary and entrance to workshops is based on the CV/dance film of the dancer and the teacher’s requirements.
Important for all HJS Intensives:
- Eligibility: As always, only dancers of advanced/professional level will be admitted and admission will be based on the CV and dance film you must send with your application.. We will allow dancers from the Netherlands, and dancers from abroad who abide the rules for entering the Netherlands which are applicable for the country you travel from at the time the workshop starts.
- Cancelations: Classes and the Intensives will go on, unless there is a rise in COVID-19 cases and the Dutch government decides to restrict activities such as this one. Should new restrictions come, we will refund your full fee minus 15 euros administration costs. Any travel and housing expenses are at your own cost. In case your country decides to impose a travel ban, the general Cancelation Policy is applicable. HJS cannot take responsibility for any other costs that have been made, including travel and housing. You can find the full Cancelation Policy, click here: the General Agreements.
- Applications: For workshops for dancers a CV and dance film must be sent once when registering (not for each workshop). Pre-registration for Open Classes is required but no CV or dance film
- For Teachers Seminars, sending your cv is not needed.
- In determining our COVID policy, we follow the guidelines of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, which is part of the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (rivm.nl/en). RIVM monitors the situation together with international partners, including the World Health Organization (WHO) and the European Center for Disease Protection and Control (ECDC). https://www.rivm.nl/en/novel-coronavirus-covid-19
- We work with a protocol and House Rules Do read them carefully before you come to the studio! It is updated regularly.
If you still have questions, and you can’t find them in the FAQ sheet, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by email: email@example.com